Monday, July 28, 2003

Ha! The boldfaced portion needs to be in my header!

From Incestuous Amplification, a strange plug: "Kevin Kim is right when he says his blog is unfocused. His posts are all over the place, but in between the scatological humor you can find some astute observations about life in Korea, Korean politics, culture, and current events."

I love it. Thanks, man.

Don't really think I've made many astute observations yet (you and your list of bloggers are faster on the uptake), but gimme time. Gimme time.

The IA Kevin continues: "By the way Kevin, if you're reading this, let me know if you wrote this piece for the BBC. Of course I'm sure there are plenty of Kevin Kim's out there, but I'm hoping it's you so you may be able to shed some light on this."

Short answer: no.

I'm not disciplined enough to write journalism. It was enough of an effort to write papers in grad school. I took a journalism class my sophomore year in high school (well before the word processing era, when "cutting and pasting" meant paper, scissors, and whatever glue hadn't been sniffed), and haven't looked back since.

As for the Kevin Kims of the world...

I'm half-Korean; Kim is my mother's surname, given to me as a middle name. My last name's actually German (an Austrian surname, from what I gather), but Koreans (and many Americans) have such trouble with it that, in Seoul, I'm simply "Kevin Kim." I should probably be Kevin Kim in America as well, but I already feel guilty about glossing over my father's lineage while here.

Sorry for no private email, but if you're receiving a ton of mail, it may be easier just to flick over to this blog to see the reply.

Your loyal fan,

Dunghole (ddong-kumong)
_

No comments: