Monday, September 26, 2005

bumped from my own fucking classroom

Hooray for professionalism!

Our office made a mistake and scheduled a 1PM eomeoni yeong-eo (Moms' English) class in Room 305, right where I was to be having my conversation class. I found this out when a student tracked me down around 12:40PM, asking, "Where are we supposed to be today?" I had no idea what she was talking about, so I tromped over to 305 and saw a couple grannies sitting there. We spoke in Korean briefly; I discovered they were students in the Moms' English class, and that they'd been moved over from Room 306, so this wasn't exactly comfortable for them, either. They'd been moved because of the Freshman English program, which started only last week. Apparently, the main office had forgotten I had a class in 305 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Thanks, guys.

We moved to 304, with some student grumbling. Barring another scheduling mistake, 304 will be our new home until the end of term.

Fuck. One thing I hate is unplanned changes. But... this is Korea. Unplanned changes are how it usually goes.

To be fair, I'd have to admit the same shit happens in the States, too, but come on-- not with nearly the same frequency.

End rant.


_

1 comment:

kwandongbrian said...

Yah, It's not the disorder, it's the volume of the disorder.

At my university, various departments (sciences, engineering, humanities, etc) have sports days and "MT"s (field trips) but we don;t find out about them until a week before they occur. The departments can't be planning them on such short notice, can they?