Saturday, August 08, 2020

have I found a kindred spirit?

Oyrish lass Jill Bearup loves movies and fight choreography. I, too, love movies and fight choreography. I am, in fact, on record several times as a fight-choreography junkie. Bearup seems to be practicing HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts), and she incorporates some of her personal knowledge of fighting into her analyses, but she also goes in depth with her breakdowns of the fighting characters' motivations and circumstances. Hers is an excellent, well-rounded exploration of conflict, and I've now subscribed to her channel because I want to see and hear more of what she has to say. Here's a great starter video, in which Jill analyzes an early fight between Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) and Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) in the original "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl":






No comments: