Wednesday, August 05, 2020

trust the USPS with your mail-in ballot?

Seen over at* Instapundit:



I wonder what my mother would have thought. She worked for the National Association of Letter Carriers, a massive postal-workers' union that leaned very heavily on all its employees to vote Democrat (my father, as a member of a union associated with Northwest Airlines, felt a similar pressure). Mom would probably have argued that, whatever NALC's or the USPS's leaders might believe, you'd still have your mail faithfully delivered.

I don't normally cite the often-lying Washington Post here, but incredibly, the Post allowed an opinion article titled "Trump's Concern about Mail-in Ballots is Completely Legitimate" to be written. The left pooh-poohs these concerns as typical rightie fretting, but the problem is real.

More to the point, here's a CBS article about a recent experiment involving mail-in ballots. The experiment revealed that the odds of ballots arriving where they're supposed to are lower than they should be. For us expats, that's a major concern.



*I'm aware that I'm not consistent with my prepositions: "at Instapundit" or "on Instapundit." I'm still figuring this out. Bear with me.



No comments: