Wednesday, May 05, 2021

forgot about the holiday

Tomorrow, May 5, is Children's Day here in South Korea.  It's a national holiday, so technically, we're off.  I, however, will be going into work tomorrow for about two hours to finish Unit 1 of the next round of proofreading that I have to do.  I was a bit of a slow worker today, which is why I ended up somewhat behind.  Once I find my rhythm, I ought to proof this current batch faster than the previous one.  Ideally, I'll finish all the proofing before I head off to hike toward Andong Dam later this month.  This might mean working over the weekend to stay ahead (assuming my Korean coworker can print out, in a timely manner, the pages I need to proof), but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

I'd forgotten about tomorrow because, originally, I had hoped to have a five-day weekend this week, but given my workload, that wasn't possible. Instead, I postponed my Andong Dam walk to the week of May 19, which is the Buddha's birthday—another national holiday.  So now, fixated upon May 19, I'd completely forgotten that we'd all have tomorrow off.  D'oh.  I'm not exactly happy about having the day off because that's another day's delay in my proofreading.  Grrr.  I'll see what I can do to keep from falling behind.

Meanwhile, Happy Children's Day to those of you with kids, be they younger or older.



No comments: