Friday, May 28, 2021

graphs and objectives

Even if you end up going off course, it's nice to have a course—some direction to point you generally where you want to go. So here are some graphs I've worked hard to create. I may end up diverting from them, but they at least give me some idea of where I'm starting and where I hope to be come December 31. For each of the graphs below, click on it to look at it more closely. Leave any questions in the comments section. I will note that, if I follow the walking graph in particular, I probably won't be doing my seaside walk this year. That doesn't feel too tragic given what I've already learned about Korea's coast (very crowded, smells of fish), but we'll see how I feel in a few months.

For what it's worth, the BP shown on the BP graph is much higher than my current blood pressure, at least according to my new monitor. Also, my weight is now down to 118 kg (260.15 lbs.) from a pre-stroke high of 128 kg (282.2 lbs.). We've been down this road before, of course, but the difference now is that I don't want to die, which is a big motivator.

So, graphs:

The pushup graph is pretty straightforward. As stated earlier, 50 pushups by December 31.

I graphed the planks out in seconds, not minutes, but it's still 2 minutes a side. 

I felt almost silly graphing pullups.

As noted above, if I follow this graph, I'll be at full speed by December 31, but I won't be walking the coastline this year.

Sets of stairs, straightforward. 

If you look carefully, the angle of different parts of this graph is different. 110 kg by September 1 seems eminently doable at my current rate, especially once I begin adding exercises to my routine. 100 kg by December 31 also seems doable as long as I stick to the current program.

Blood sugar down to 90 by December 31. This is more a scatterplot trend than a linear progression. Daily blood sugar is all over the place. Right now, I'm varying between 139 and 110. I'll be happy if I can stay below the red line. 

Resting heart rate: straightforward.

So there we have it: numbers I hope to achieve by December 31. Is it doable? I think so, but I admit I may have to adjust along the way. Don't think of any of this as written in stone. It's just an attempt to visualize a way forward. 



No comments: