Tuesday, August 03, 2021

so far, so good

Today, while not really being a day of fasting, has been a day of no solid food. I had my usual shake for breakfast, then for lunch, a bowlful of chicken broth made from bouillon cubes. Those things have a lot of calories: with the cubes I got, you're supposed to use two cubes per liter of hot water, and that's 200 calories, so I ended up consuming over 500 calories today, all told. That's still pretty Spartan, but it's far from fasting.

Overall, the day has been bearable. I might even try this again on Thursday, though I'm pondering skipping the bouillon and just having my morning shake. That would bring me down to a 300-calorie day, which is close to the diet that Christian Bale apparently went on for his role in "The Machinist." But I'm not sure I'm ready to do that... 500 calories is already pretty damn low.

Anyway, I have 100-rep exercises and stair work to look forward to tonight, so I'd best get to it.



No comments: