Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Happy Birfday to my buddy Mike

It's June 15 in Korea as I post this, although not quite June 15 in the States. No matter: it's time to give my buddy Mike his yearly birfday shout-out. Mike's turning (mumble mumble) this year, and even though his two eldest children have jobs (with a third on the way to college), Mike's a busy man. 

I like to say that he and I are the open and closed parentheses for the moon landing: Mike was born about a month before Neil Armstrong walked on the moon,* and I was born about a month after the event. He and I have known each other since third grade, and while I've remained a singleton, Mike went and got himself a family. Friend, husband, dad: that's Mike.

When we turn 60, we're supposed to hike a portion of the Camino de Santiago. I'm looking forward to that. Maybe most of the stupid pandemic restrictions will be gone by then. And maybe I'll have learned enough Spanish to get us in trouble.

Anyway, here's wishing my oldest buddy a Happy Birthday and many happy returns!

__________

*Oh, no! You can do the math!



No comments: