Friday, June 17, 2022

more to binge

I didn't realize that Season 6 of "Better Call Saul" has been pumping out episodes, so now, I've got something else to binge. Season 6 is, from what I've heard, the final season of the series,* so this is must-see... TV? Must-see streaming video? I don't know what term to use anymore.

__________

*Yanks call a TV series a TV series, which is divided into seasons: Season 1, Season 2, etc. Across the pond, the Brits call a season a series (Series 1, Series 2, etc.)... so, what do they call a whole TV series, then? Can any of my British readers enlighten me?



2 comments:

daeguowl said...

I agree with most of this.
https://ell.stackexchange.com/questions/8413/how-to-refer-to-a-television-series-in-uk-english

We use series interchangeably. e.g. Have you seen the series Friends?, Have you seen the new series of Friends?

There is a new episode of Friends tonight, it's the 4th one in the current series. Friends is my favourite ever television programme. The series ran for 10 years from 1994.

Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Kevin Kim said...

Thank you!