Wednesday, March 22, 2023

D&F Hospital

At the suggestion of commenter Daniel, I called the D&F Hospital, a diabetic clinic just off the Line 7 Joonghwa Station subway stop. My very first question, when the lady picked up, was whether I needed to make an appointment, and she said I could just walk in. Given that I've got Some Stuff To Do at work today, I'll be visiting the hospital's diabetic-ulcer clinic tomorrow morning. The place opens at 9 a.m., so I'll be there, uncharacteristically bright and early. Assuming the visit doesn't take too long, even if it takes until 11 a.m., I ought to be in time for work at my normal hours (I normally start my work day late and end late).

I'm hoping it's just a matter of prescribing a healing balm (for lack of a better term), proper dressings to avoid leakage, and maybe some diabetic footwear that keeps my toe off the ground while I'm at home. The docs there will probably recommend against any distance walking, but I'm going to ignore that advice this weekend, do my two long walks (one with Charles on Saturday and another with JW on Sunday), then get with the healing program.

Once I start on the healing program, I do plan to follow it scrupulously because I want to be healed up for this year's big walk. I want to go back to doing the Four Rivers trail this year... I've been away from that trail for several years now, and I miss it intensely.

I'll write about the clinic visit tomorrow.



5 comments:

Charles said...

Good luck. And if it turns out to be serious, we can always truncate the walk. The campus isn't going anywhere.

Kevin Kim said...

Thanks. I think I ought to be able to walk on Saturday. I still have a stuffy/runny nose, though, and if that doesn't clear up by tomorrow, I think it might be better to reschedule our meet-up. (Unless you're okay with a little sniffle, especially since we know it's not COVID.)

Will update you tomorrow.

Charles said...

Well, we'll keep an eye on things and see how it goes.

John Mac said...

It's about time! Hopefully, the docs will prescribe methods to speed up your healing and recovery. Good luck!

Daniel said...

Let the healing begin! Hope they didn't keep you waiting too long. (Back when my mom was still alive, we'd get there before 9 and still be waiting around 11.)