Wednesday, May 04, 2005

igi-jeok

I have to admit that I've been loath to photoblog my new Namsan route. The last time I blogged the route for you, I took about 10-15 minutes longer to do my walk because I was stopping so often. Now that I'm doing the stairway side of the mountain routinely, it's become a matter of pride to walk the route without stopping. To give you a proper view of what I now do, I'd have to stop at every major twist and switchback, and the new path features plenty of both.

"Just walk the route twice in one day," you say. Yes, I suppose that's possible, and maybe that's what I'll have to do. Tomorrow is Children's Day, a national holiday, so perhaps I can be a two-timer tomorrow.

To be igi-jeok is to be selfish. The disinclination to photoblog the new Namsan route is little more than selfishness. In truth, a few (dozen) brief stops won't cut into my overall program that much. But right now... I just don't wanna.


_

No comments: