Friday, May 06, 2005

the sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick

Blogger ate half of a post I was writing about intrareligious dialogue. I really need to learn to write my posts in a word processor; Blogger's instability makes every post a risky endeavor. The post, unfortunately, was severed at the waist, which pretty much killed it. I've decided not to try and resurrect it.

Since Wednesday evening, I've been somewhat sick-- stuffy, runny nose; slight fever; sneezing; the works. I might be insane to go out and do a Namsan hike this evening, but I feel like I have to.

Got a call from the infamous Wooj today. Tomorrow, it appears there's going to be some sort of get-together at the Oranckay's residence that might include the Marmot, the KimcheeGI, Wooj, and yours truly (others as well?). I tried to beg off, claiming poverty, but Wooj used that Jedi Mind Trick and I heard myself aping his refrain.

"You will come to the gathering on Saturday."

"I will come to the gathering on Saturday."

"You will offer up one of your testicles to the dark side of the Force."

"I will offer up one of your testicles to the dark side of the Force."

"No, dammit-- say 'one of my testicles.'"

"You will offer up one of my testicles to the dark--"

"No, goddammit-- say, 'I will offer up one of my testicles!'"

"You will?"

At which point Wooj hung up in disgust.


_

No comments: