Tuesday, November 27, 2007

gettin' mushy

We're nearing the end of the semester and, as occasionally happens, some of the students are becoming a bit sentimental as we make ready to part ways. Today one of the more bubbly girls in my 7:40AM class said, "I've been to many different English classes with many different teachers, but you are the best!"

Awwwww.

I thanked her for the sentiment and told her that I wished it were true that I had something to do with how well things had turned out for the 7:40 class, but the fact of the matter is that I've had a very good crop of students this time around. My second class of the day, the 8:50AM class, has dwindled to only three dedicated students after starting out with ten.* I teach the same way in all my classes, which means there's more going on than just my dubious charm. If the same Kevin gets such different results in two back-to-back morning classes, it's hard to attribute student satisfaction to the teacher. In my opinion, anyway.

I appreciated the remark all the same, and will bask in it for the rest of the day... or at least until I receive my evals.





*There were ten on the list, but I only had ten students in my class twice. Over the first two weeks, we were averaging about seven or eight students.


_

No comments: