Tuesday, May 30, 2023

1995 NYT: no east-coast beaches by 2020

I'm perfectly willing to concede that some slight warming may be going on. I'm even willing to concede that some of that warming may be anthropogenic. But when people keep raving about sea-level rise, radical polar-ice melt, a sudden increase in hurricanes, and the chance that the world will be gone in ten years, that's when I switch off.

From a related article:

[W]hile the authors argue their study confirms the need to be climate extremists, I assert that their data show man’s impact on the global climate isn’t panic-worthy. In fact, humanity would do better to focus efforts and resources on dealing with local pollution problems and perhaps exploring nuclear energy options.

Hey! That's what I've been saying! Focus on plastic-clogged rivers and factory chimneys belching pollution. Design a Mr. Fusion!



No comments: