Monday, May 22, 2023

the ChefMaker

A really nifty Kickstarter project making the rounds is a clever device by a company called Dreo (website here). The appliance is called a ChefMaker, presumably because any old bloke can use it to produce chef-quality meals. Two of my go-to YouTubers, Guga and Sorted Food, have done tests with the machine, and while I'm not currently inclined to buy it, I can see the appeal, and I admit I am interested. Guga's tests are especially impressive, but the Sorted crew gets points for creating a greater variety of dishes.

Here's Sorted Food trying out the ChefMaker:

And here's Guga:





2 comments:

John Mac said...

Interesting. I'm all about finding shortcuts and being lazy; I'll need to check into this further. I'm not sure that my limited repertoire would warrant the counter space, though. Or I could expand my cooking horizons...hmm.

Kevin Kim said...

It doesn't look at all hard to use, and it's got two major virtues of a good appliance: (1) a small footprint, and (2) great versatility. I also like how you can cook one dish by switching between modes, e.g., creating a perfectly seared steak by first using the sous-vide function, then using the broiler. I also like the ambient-versus-internal temperature feature. That is awesome.