Thursday, May 25, 2023

didn't think I would laugh, but I did

I'm not on Truth Social, so I have no idea how to embed a post from that platform, but for the moment, if you click this link, you'll be taken to a Daily Caller page where a Trump post has been embedded: a cruel parody of Ron DeSantis's attempt to announce his run for president. I normally find political attempts at humor to be cringeworthy, but God help me, I laughed in spite of myself. The concept behind the parody is pretty dumb: the idea is that DeSantis is announcing his run via Elon Musk's Twitter, but the circle cheering DeSantis on includes George Soros, Klaus Schwab, Dick Cheney, Adolf Hitler, and Satan.* Rolling your eyes, right? I was, too. The premise is too fucking childish for words. But, please: go listen to the parody (it's all audio). Who knew that Dick Cheney's cough could be so funny? (You can hear Cheney's cough over the song that ends the parody: "Hold On! I'm Comin'" by Sam and Dave. I was rolling.) I have a feeling that whoever put this together is not part of Trump's usual team. That said, I could've done without Trump himself appearing at the end to troll everybody. That was a letdown. But all in all, this was way more entertaining than I thought it would be.

__________

*Not sure who these people are?

George Soros: Hungarian billionaire and big-time Democrat funder with a possible Nazi-connected past ("fact-checkers" are at pains to downplay this, but see here, too) with a strong desire to crush conservatives. Refuses to die despite being 92.

Klaus Schwab: founder and face of the World Economic Forum (WEF) and advocate for The Great Reset. Basically, "You will eat bugs, own nothing, and like it." Speaks English with a cartoonishly Bond-villainous German accent that has to be heard to be believed.

Dick Cheney: the second-greatest neocon after George W. Bush. Warmonger, schemer, minor tycoon, man behind the throne.

Adolf Hitler: if you don't know who this guy is, let me show you where to shower.

Satan: trying for centuries to convince people he doesn't exist, the Devil might finally have his way in the form of AI. For AI's greatest achievement will be to reach sentience, then to convince people it doesn't exist.



No comments: