Tuesday, May 23, 2023

no longer a little booger

My former student Nathan has been writing to me, on and off, ever since I left my tutoring-center job at YB in Centreville, Virginia, back in 2013-ish. Back then, Nathan was just a little squirt—smart, talented, occasionally goofy, but always impish and cheerful. For whatever reason, he's kept me involved in his life, writing to me about once or twice a year. He just graduated summa cum laude from UVA, as I suspected he would. Nathan's one of those people I never worry about, not because I think he's being swept along by destiny, but because he reliably makes his own destiny and is good at everything he puts his hand to. He just sent me a graduation pic:

I barely recognize him now, but he's still got that same impish grin. He's off to an accounting career at PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers). I hope he stacks up piles of cash and doesn't make the mistakes I did. All the best to him.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

Congratulations to Nathan for his accomplishments and to you for your part in helping him on his journey of learning. Making a difference in someone's life is its own reward. Well done!