Thursday, May 18, 2023

where does it end?

Dylan Mulvaney is now shilling for the film "Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret," based on the 1970 Judy Blume story of the same name. The film has gotten good reviews from critics and audiences alike. I've even seen rightie critics give the film excellent reviews. Alas, the film is bombing in cinemas; this may be because of poor marketing or some other obscure factor. Frankly, I don't see Mulvaney as the film's savior. He's complicit in the erasure of women.

Headline:

A fake ‘girl’ now markets a movie about a real girl’s coming of age

Judy Blume’s Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret was published in 1970, when I was nine. By the time I was 12, not only had I read it, but every girl I knew had read it, too. We all asked our mothers to buy us “training bras” and dreamed of having our first periods. We also felt less alone dealing with the “mean girl/queen bee” problem endemic among tween girls. It was the ultimate “girls growing into women” book. Now, it’s a motion picture that’s not doing well, so the studio’s marketing department had a brainwave: Hire Dylan Mulvaney to market it.

The article only gets worse from there. More and more, I agree with the crowd that says Dylan Mulvaney isn't a real trans person: he's a psychotic attention whore who just won't stop. Since I can't kill him, I'm going to have to do my best to ignore him and "people" like him. Not an easy task when he's so in-your-face.



No comments: