Thursday, August 31, 2023

another nearly 4,000 site visitors

I don't know what it is, but I'm registering another nearly 4K visitors (I'm up to 3,960-some right now, and the count doesn't stop until 9 a.m. Seoul time). I wish some of these people would leave a comment (after reading my comments policy, of course), just to give me an idea as to who these folks are. But maybe they're just zipping in and zipping right back out, in which case these site visits don't mean much. I've heard the real metric to measure (and I think this is measured on YouTube) is stickiness, i.e., the length of time a visitor stays and rummages around your blog. If you can catch and retain people's attention, well, that's golden right there. Retain an audience, get some recognition, then build your empire. August suddenly turned into a record month. I still don't understand it.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

A birthday gift from the Internet Gods, perhaps?