Thursday, August 31, 2023

birthday trivia, cake, and gift

My buddy Charles wrote in to tell me I have now outlived Lenin, who died at 53 (April 1870-January 1924). At work, my boss informed me that August 31, 1969, translates to a lunar birthday of July 19, which I confirmed online.

I also got the following saeng-cream cake with the classic glazed fruit on top:

The boss also gave me a gift: an electric foot massager to help improve circulation in my feet and maybe prevent future ulcers from forming (that's really going to be more a matter of staying away from carbs, but I'll take what help I can get):

made in China, alas

I'd say today is going well so far.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

Happy belated birthday, Kevin. Looking forward to viewing another adventure-filled year via the blog. Enjoy!