Wednesday, August 30, 2023

your makeup humor for the day

Courtesy of Australia's CrackerMilk:

Of course, the guy is only saying what most guys are thinking, which leads us back to the idea that women put on makeup more for themselves or, perhaps, for their fellow women. Most guys I know do prefer natural beauty: if you wake up with a chick, and she looks like a hag without her makeup, you probably feel betrayed, am I right? Then the hag goes off to her vanity (or rummages around in her purse) and reapplies her makeup while you tremble in a corner, cowering in a spreading pool of your own diarrhea until your woman's transformation back into a normal-looking person is complete. It's true that men appreciate natural beauty, and that women ought to strive (or, hey, not strive) for a natural look. If they've got the looks. For the ladies who use makeup as damage control, though, I say: yes, please keep doing that. You're doing us a service by minimizing the terror factor.

Kathy Griffin's lip-tattoo photo that's been circulating the past few days

If you're a lady reading this, and you want to tell me to go fuck myself and reduce my ass size before judging other people, I actually don't blame you. But I'm only being honest about what and how we guys think. And let's face it: to the extent that makeup is for men's sake, it's a way to give mediocre-looking women an artificial advantage. To be fair, one's assessment of a woman factors in more than looks, and a woman who looks like a hag might have a glowing heart of gold, making 95% of the male populace unworthy of her. But that's the extreme. A more moderate and realistic take is that guys want someone who's pretty—however one defines that—and nice (i.e., of decent character). Assuming they're not just on the prowl for some easy slut to bang. And conversely, I've seen and met many women who look amazingly hot but have the heart and character of a steaming lump of shit. And after the initial, biological Wow! wears off, such women are ugly to me. Character matters. At least among discerning men. Many men aren't discerning; they'll plug whatever hole they come across.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

Although make-up doesn't really bother me, I'm definitely in the prefers natural beauty camp. What I really hate is seeing those photos posted on social media that erase all the facial imperfections and then seeing how the person actually looks in real life. Talk about false advertising!

Your comment about beautiful girls who are ugly inside reminded me of the opposite occurrence--I've met women who I found unattractive physically, but after I got to know them and saw their inner beauty, I'm like, "Wow! When did she become so beautiful!"

And then there is the "beer goggle" effect (ugly at six, sexy at midnight), but we can't really blame the gals for that.