Tuesday, August 29, 2023

cookies update

As I suspected, my cookies were pushed aside at the party and forgotten (there were so many other desserts to choose from), so my boss's family basically has the whole batch and will presumably be eating its way through the batch this week. I didn't even have a chance to eat a good cookie (I ate the overbaked ones from the first "sacrificial" tray that went into the oven), so I'm baking another batch this week. I'll eat a few and share the rest among all my coworkers on the second floor where I work. Satisfaction will be mine!

To put things in perspective: the Sunday after the party, I was so drained that I did little more than write up the party blog post. Saturday didn't feel like the weekend at all, and I ended up eating nothing the next day. In the war between the desire to sleep and the desire to eat, sleep won out. So I basically fasted on Sunday, then on Monday, I had my Chinese food but no other carbs. Today, I'm fasting again—sort of an alternate-day fast, i.e., I'll fast again on Tuesday and Saturday. After this week, I'll be off the carbs and on a keto regime as I prep for the upcoming walk. I've restarted staircase training (as of yesterday); I'll do the stairs on my eating days and walk on my fasting days



No comments: