Thursday, August 31, 2023

must be a slow day

As of right this moment, I'm at 1,206 visits. That's about twice as much as my daily average, but after getting nearly 11K visits the other day, then nearly 5K visits yesterday, 1,206 visits feels like a slow day. I'm easily pampered. But a total of 47K visits for August marks a record month; August had been shaping up to be a meh normal month until about two weeks ago, when my daily numbers suddenly started rising. I imagine we'll start all over again in September once the current paroxysm dies down. 20K visits per month remains my honorable minimum; dropping below that might mean seppuku. I kid, of course; the numbers amuse me, but they carry no deep meaning. Granted, they might carry a deeper meaning if I were to go stratospheric and stay there, but that never happens. Instead, it's more like a crowd's sudden Black Friday rush to buy up everything in the store, then leave. There and gone. I'm going to predict that the final visit total for August 31 will be under 2,000. Out with a whimper.



No comments: