Saturday, August 19, 2023

oops—Kid Rock self-owns

If the left latches on to this and plays up the hypocrisy, well, I think it's deserved. Kid Rock, who famously piled a bunch of Bud Light cans together and shot them to pieces to show his apparent outrage at the product after it got associated with attention whore Dylan Mulvaney, has been caught drinking Bud Light at an event. Maybe there's some further context to this that I'm unaware of. Maybe Kid Rock was weirdly trying to make some other sort of obscure political statement. For the moment, though, and barring further clarification, this simply looks like a hypocritical self-own to me, and Kid Rock looks like the publicity-grabbing attention whore he claims to despise. Can't say I ever paid much attention to him before; can't say I'll pay any more attention now. (And from what I've heard, Bud Light is piss.)

pretty clearly Kid Rock, pretty clearly Bud Light



3 comments:

John Mac said...

Not sure of the context that led to this photograph. Reading your post, I thought, under what circumstances would I drink a Bud Light? I guess if it was between Bud Light and no beer at all, I'd suck it up and drink it down. Anyway, I'm not trying to defend Kid Rock, but I'm guessing he had his reasons. Hopefully, other than hypocrisy.

Kevin Kim said...

If you're just a dude who's desperate for a beer, then your argument makes sense. But Kid Rock was making a presumably principled, ideological statement when he riddled those twelve-packs of Bud Light with gunfire—a statement that implied he'd never drink the stuff again.

The photo came from this article, which says:

We here at the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website aren't mad as much as we are disappointed. If you needed a beer that badly and saw no lines at the Bud kiosk, it would be understandable to buy one and deal with your boys razzing you for drinking TRANSmission fluid. Never let [it] be said we aren't reasonable people.

But you're Kid Motherf*cking Rock. You don't wait in lines. You can get any beer that you want AND have it handed to you by a girl with her t*tties out. Also, and this is key, you're stinkin' rich and can afford good beer that isn't glorified reconstituted bum piss.

And the virtue signaling while shooting up Bud Light cans? You might as well be [Leonardo] DiCaprio racing his private jet against Al Gore racing his private jet to a conference to lecture the world about climate change.


Not the best writing, but you get the author's point. I'll be morbidly curious to hear how Rock explains himself.

John Mac said...

Yeah, I'm curious what he was thinking; hopefully, there's a reasonable excuse. Otherwise, my opinion of him will be greatly diminished (I've kind of been a fan of his).

I have a couple of ongoing boycotts of my own, including Nike and Gillette. Sometimes I have difficulty avoiding the shaving cream because it's often the only brand available. I mean, I'd drink a Bud Light rather than go without, but it would be my last option.