Monday, June 07, 2004

Bruce Lee

Just watched "A Warrior's Journey" on A&E. I thought I was going to be seeing another biography of Bruce Lee, which would have been reason enough to watch. Instead, it was an engrossing two hour special about the man's philosophy and how it not only led to Jeet Kun Do (sp?), but how it drove his life. The framework for this special is a discussion of his unfinished film, Game of Death. (I tried to find a link for "Game of Death" but they all lead to the 1978 film of the same name, which is an exploitive Martial arts flick that tries to utilize finished footage from Bruce Lee's project.)

Knowing BigHo's affinity for martial arts, and philosophy, I would highly recommend this movie. It offers a lot of information on the "why" behind Bruce Lee. If you're looking for a more traditional biography, I'd recommend the biography that aired on A&E a few years back.

No comments: