Saturday, June 05, 2004

Harry Potter 3: the birth of Hermione's tits

Great, great review of Alfonso Cuaron's "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" over at Salon. Readers of this blog know I don't link to Salon because they make their "premium content" unavailable to normal viewing-- you either have to subscribe or sit through an ad (I always sit through the ads). Reviewer Stephanie Zacharek makes the point that, with Chris Columbus merely producing and not at the helm, this is the first "true" Harry Potter film-- true in spirit to JK Rowling's vision, instead of being slavishly faithful to the plot of the novels. Hear, hear.

While you're at it, give JK Rowling's "official site" a gander. It's a relief to go here rather than to sources that talk about and around Rowling.

Rolling Stone also offers a very good review of the flick.

The Onion's Scott Tobias (I've come to trust Onion reviews more than most other sources; they seem, overall, to be closest to my own tastes) gives a wholehearted thumbs-up as well.

I'm pumped. Am hoping to see "Kill Bill Volume 2" this weekend, though; Harry Potter isn't out here yet, as far as I know.

One last film note for fight scene freaks:

1. Download Quicktime if you don't have it. (I've done this at PC-bahngs before; it's quick and easy, but probably a no-no. And guess what: I did it again, just now.)
2. Go visit this preview trailer for Jet Li's "Hero."
3. Prepare to sport some major wood (or hood, as the case may be).

Off to hit the sack. Then, perhaps, I'll go to bed.

_

No comments: