Monday, July 01, 2013

drink up


A somewhat blurry shot of my new invention: raspberry Coke. OK, fine—maybe that's not very original. But you know what it was? Damn tasty, is what it was. And surprisingly refreshing for a dark cola. Making this concoction was easy enough: 3 parts Coke and 1 part raspberry syrup (a bunch of raspberries mixed with 1:1 simple syrup). Very drinkable. Possibly even marketable, especially in Korea, where people have a bizarre love of "chewable" drinks, i.e., drinks with solid components on which you can chew, like orange pulp or chunks of aloe.


_

6 comments:

Charles said...

But how was it with the seeds? The one thing I can't stand about raspberries is how the seeds get stuck between my teeth.

Kevin Kim said...

Minimal stuckage for me. I chewed the berries and swallowed with no problems. You're right, though: the seeds could be a problem were I to market this drink.

Charles said...

Well, a lot of raspberry syrups and sauces call for the straining of the seeds. That would be an option.

Kevin Kim said...

Aye, forsooth.

Kevin Kim said...

(I mean that the old, serious, non-scornful way.)

Charles said...

I read you loud and clear.