Thursday, July 11, 2013

T minus 28

Exactly four weeks to go before The End. I'm going to receive a "visa confirmation number" from my new employer in the next few days, at which point I'll drive over to the Korean Consulate and apply for my E-1 visa in person.

In other news: one of my coworkers has shown up late for work twice in two weeks. This is unbelievable; he's normally super-punctual. At a guess, he's been affected by the shift in our schedule, as I have. Rush-hour traffic sucks, and if you're not used to driving in it (as I'm not), it's hard to gauge the amount of time you need to get to work. At the start of our summer schedule, I was late by five minutes on the first Tuesday. Never again, I vowed, so I've been waking up and leaving for work a half-hour earlier to compensate.

I don't know why our office has chosen to open at 9AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The opening time puts us right in the middle of rush-hour traffic, which makes it a bitch to commute to YB Near. In previous summers, we've always opened at 11AM every day except Saturday. This summer, we open at 11AM on Mondays and Wednesdsays, alternating 11AM/9AM depending on the weekday, and retaining our 9AM Saturdays. As always, this messes with my sleep (and digestion!) schedule. One aspect of YB that I won't miss is the perpetually weird work hours.


_

No comments: