Wednesday, August 14, 2013

arrived

Our flight arrived at Incheon International Airport about 30 minutes earlier than expected (projected ETA: 2:45PM; actual arrival at gate: 2:14PM).

I just pulled my laptop out of my backpack; it seems undamaged, except for the fact that it, along with all my other check-in luggage, is freezing cold. The laptop's working up a good layer of condensation-sweat right now; I can only hope that the condensation evaporates gently and does nothing to the computer's internals. That goes doubly for my Big Mac.

Right now, my immediate concerns are to change my US dollars to Korean won, and to find my bus down to East Daegu. There's one that leaves after 4PM; another leaves after 5PM. It's getting dangerously close to 4PM right now; gotta scat.

Oh, yes: I'm switching my blog to Korean time. This may retroactively alter all time stamps on all previous posts, thereby distorting history. Just a heads-up.

I've got a bit of a sore throat and my ass hurts. Otherwise, all seems normal. More later.


_

3 comments:

Charles said...

Welcome! Glad to hear you survived the flight.

Your Big Mac should be fine as long as it dries out completely before you turn it on. I would say do the same for your laptop, but obviously it's a little late for that.

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Welcome Home!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

John McCrarey said...

Welcome home!

Man, I understand that ass thing. I don't know what it is about airplane seats, but my ass starts screaming after 3 or 4 hours and doesn't stop until we land. I can drive all day and not feel anything similar.

Good luck with all the details of getting settled in.