Tuesday, August 06, 2013

from 301 to 302

The good news: I was just sent an email containing information about my accommodations. It seems I'll be spending a pittance on rent: $91/month (W100,000) plus utilities (water, gas electricity), which might add another $30-$40 to the figure. Quite the come-down from $780/month rent plus $65/month utilities.

The bad news: Unfortunately, I'll be housed in a "one-room," which is a shoebox-sized studio apartment. I lived in a one-room for several months, back when I worked for English Channel from late 2004 to early 2005. Tiny, tiny space. Not the best space for accepting visitors.

The weird news: I currently live in 301; my new apartment number will be 302. Will I have a cannibalistic neighbor?


_

3 comments:

Charles said...

The one-room seems to be standard for single teachers--they do the same thing here. If you want a "real" place, you've got to get hitched.

Kevin Kim said...

If I had $10,000 just lying around, as Tom did in 2007, I'd get myself a real officetel. Maybe next year...?

Charles said...

Give your place a shot first--you'd be amazed at how much money you can save up when you don't have to pay for housing (or only pay a pittance for it).