Monday, November 14, 2022

I have no right to complain

I have no moral leg to stand on, I realized, regarding George RR Martin's procrastination with The Winds of Winter, the next and supposedly penultimate novel in the A Song of Ice and Fire series (the last novel is A Dream of Spring). Why? Because I've been distracted, all this year, by side projects instead of focusing on getting my damn movie-review book done. How does that make me any different from Martin, who is eternally distracted by his own side projects? So from now until the end of this year, I promise no longer to complain about Martin's indolence, and I promise to buckle down and focus on getting the movie-review book ready. This late in the year, it's unlikely the book will be published in 2022; more likely, it'll be out in 2023. Veuillez patienter, s'il vous plaît.



4 comments:

Charles said...

Yeah, but you're not a best-selling author with legions of fans eagerly awaiting the next installment in a series that is beloved around the world. I think we can cut you some slack.

Kevin Kim said...

Damn. And I thought my recent 11K-visit landslide meant something.

Charles said...

Sorry to be the bearer of harsh reality.

Kevin Kim said...

You can find me at the corner of Fetal Position Street and Depression Avenue.