Tuesday, February 04, 2020

down 4 kilos

I've gone from 128 kg to 124 kg. While whatever I'm doing is not true keto, I'm trying to maintain a caloric deficit of around 1000 calories per day, give or take. My actual daily average is closer to 750 calories, but even that is better than nothing. I walked a total of 190-some minutes yesterday, which was also a fasting day (causing the MyFitnessPal app to warn me that I was starving myself), and ended up with a deficit of 3800 calories. A weigh-in done after drinking a liter of liquid put me at 125 kg, so I deduce I'm actually at 124 kg... which may include whatever crud was in my intestines at the time of weigh-in.

They say you lose a pound of weight for every 3500 calories accrued in your total caloric deficit. In other words, if I'm short by 700 calories a day, then it takes five days to lose a pound. If, on the other hand, I'm short 3800 calories for a single 24-hour period, then I've lost a bit more than a pound on that very day. It's been about four weeks since I started this regimen, and overall, I still seem to be losing about a kilo per week.

At some point, I need to start revving my metabolism by engaging in strength exercises. Muscles need energy, and increasing muscle mass is, in fact, one of the recommended ways to boost your basal metabolic rate. More on this as it happens.



No comments: