Saturday, June 19, 2021

6:43 to 10:32 p.m. (and Week One weight results)

So today's walk from Bundang went from 6:43 p.m. to 10:32 p.m., no stopping. That's slightly slower than last week, but not by much at a total of 231 minutes (3.85 hours). So: 18 km in 3.85 hours is 4.67 kph, a slight drop from last week, but I'm not concerned. I was really booking last week, and today, I decided to take things a bit easier.

I'm sure you're also curious about the diet. I weighed myself after having a piss tonight, but I still haven't taken a shit today, so this will skew my weight. The scale says 115 kg, but if we factor in what's in my guts, I'd put myself closer to 114.5 kg. Having started the diet at 118 kg, that's an impressive loss of about 3.5 kg in a single week. Can I maintain this? I doubt it. The body can get used to anything, and even this punishing regime will in time become second nature. (We're not there yet: I still crave Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.) So I expect to plateau, despite the strict nature of this diet. My only hope is stair work, which will continue to ramp up over time. I'm doing relatively little stair work right now (five floors), but that's going to change. Now, if you saw the video I put up earlier, you know that that guy cut calories until he was eating 900-1200 calories a day, and he was also exercising by jogging. He ended up losing 75 pounds in 3.5 months. So maybe similar weight loss is possible for yours truly.

So that's where things stand. I've lost a good bit of weight in a week; I still look fat, of course (that won't change for a while), but getting down to 115 kg puts me around my Dongguk University weight from about 2014-15, back when I was going up Namsan almost every night. Here's hoping the trend continues. Stay tuned for Week 2!



1 comment:

John from Daejeon said...

Something you might like. It's not quite the "Buck Rogers" of my youth, but it's nice to see Gil and Erin again, even if James Cawley/Kirk didn't have the same "Buck Rogers" success as he had with "Star Trek."