Friday, December 10, 2021

fasting, Day 2: numbers

Wow. Already seeing improvement.

Weight: 107.5 kg 
BP: 140/94
Pulse: 69
Blood Sugar: 99

So my blood sugar has already normalized. Pulse is down, maybe thanks to last night's intensive session on the stairs. Weight is down, and while people like to say "It's mostly water weight" in the initial period of a diet, I was drinking water all of yesterday. So despite taking in at least 2 liters of water yesterday, I still lost 2.5 kg overall, from day to day. Yay, me.

While I'm experiencing cravings and a bit of hunger, things aren't bad yet at the start of Day 2. I'm expecting some sort of crash in the next day or two, though, so that ought to make for some interesting reading, especially with a 30K walk coming up this weekend. In the meantime, I can tell you that, if you're thinking of doing a 24-hour fast or a 36-hour fast, then by all means give it a try. You'll see benefits right away—and all by just doing nothing!

More soon.

PS: am meeting a friend at 11 a.m. today, which is why numbers are out a bit early.



No comments: