Thursday, May 04, 2023

new addition to the family

Many of us Yanks know the pleasure of hitting Olive Garden, an Italian-ish chain of restaurants well known for unlimited salad and breadsticks, as well as generous amounts of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese delivered via crank grater. I've always wanted my own crank grater, so in a fit of crass materialism, I bought one off Coupang.

This is a cheap one for under $10, and it shows because it sometimes snags when cranked. Later on, I might upgrade to a better-made grater (the more dignified term is rotary grater). For now, though, this one will do fine for my purposes. 

I'll show pics of the grater in action later. Next month, for my cheat day and office luncheon, I'll be making a side of macaroni and cheese, which will mean grating some Gruyère.



No comments:

Post a Comment

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.