Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ave, Jel-- whoa.

Those of you who read Jelly's frank and hilarious blog, which regularly features Phreax of Nature like mutant toads and bloated cats, will know that Jelly recently tripped over her cat and banged up her face.

Well... true to her candid spirit, she's now got pictures of the aftermath.

Damn, girl!

After you're done pointing and laughing, how about sending her a reassuring comment or two? You know, something along the lines of, "It's OK... I had an uncle who sprouted a second forehead," or, "Dude, you look like you've been consumed by the dark side!"


On a serious note: the black eyes are usually a good sign that drainage is happening. When I was in a car accident as a kid (Mom was driving; our car got sideswiped by a speeding sports car), I banged by head pretty badly against the car door. Ended up with a huge lump on the top of my head that altered the shape of my hair. At the hospital, the nurses smiled and told me just to treat the bump delicately, and that it would eventually drain down around my eye and give me, as they put it, "a beautiful shiner." That's exactly what I got.

So the good news is: although things might look bad, they're actually getting better.

I loved Jelly's description of her gravity-assisted makeover:

I look like the love child of the three way triangle between KISS, a Klingon, and a panda.

Enjoy it while it lasts, chica! Flick your tongue a lot in class; I hear that's all the rage in EFL teaching methodology.


_

No comments: