Tuesday, November 07, 2006

postal scrotum: visa info

Charles, the intrepid WriMo, writes in:

I got an email this morning from my school telling me about a new government site for foreigners. I was a bit sceptical at first, but it really does have a lot of useful information. In particular, it's got information on all the different types of visas and how to apply for them. There are even certain visas and extensions of stay that you can apply for online. (I did notice that they didn't have any information on the F-5 visa-- permanent resident status-- but they did mention it in the qualifications for F-2. Then again, I don't think the main government immigration site lists the F-5 either... like they don't want us foreigners sticking around forever or something.)

Anyway, it looks a lot more useful than I expected, if only in terms of information it provides. I haven't taken a thorough look at it, mainly because I don't really need to, but I know a lot of people out there could probably use the information. I was wondering if maybe you could post something on Hairy Chasms and spread the word. Us furriners gotta stick together, right?

The link: http://www.g4f.go.kr/ (Government for Foreigners Portal)


_

No comments: