Tuesday, May 02, 2023

the problem with May Day in Korea

As far as I can tell, May Day in Korea has to do with celebrating workers, so there are many establishments that take the day off on May 1. I found this out the hard way, yesterday, when I hauled my lumbering carcass out to the local pharmacy to pick up my new batch of meds. This particular pharmacy, which is about a kilometer away from my residence and about halfway to Samseong Hospital farther up the street, is large and has everything.

But it was closed.

Motherfucker.

So I'll be going back there this morning, Tuesday morning, to pick up my meds. The place opens at 9 a.m., and I have to be at work early tomorrow, so I'll swing by the pharmacy, grab my meds, then head straight to work. There's a chance the pharmacy will once again tell me it doesn't have the meds I need, but it can order them and get them to me the following day (as happened last time). Here's hoping the place is better prepared this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.