Thursday, May 02, 2013

...and then a thought occurred to me:

Chonnam National University's application deadline is May 21. Job interviews normally wouldn't begin before that date.

Why are they tapping me so early? Am I their Big Fish?

There could be a perfectly innocent explanation, of course: I had asked them to tap me early. And that's true—I did ask: in my emailed application, I noted my departure date, noted Chonnam's application deadline date, and baldly stated that, if possible, I'd prefer to be interviewed before I left Korea.


_

2 comments:

John said...

Chonnam... mmmmmm

Forgive me for being forward in this matter but doesn't Chon = penis and Nam denote the male?

You want a job at penis man university...

If you are a MEMBER of the faculty - what if the position sucks? One could go on but it would be crass.

Kevin Kim said...

I never heard that chon = penis, but since Korean has so many words for that body part (nam-geun, nam-gyeong, eum-gyeong, jaji, jjot [쫓], etc.), for all I know, you're correct!

So I'll be sure to send you a postcard from Dangalang U.!