Thursday, May 09, 2013

yeesh

At this point, how many Korean universities have I applied to? Seven? Eight? Nine? I've lost count. One thing that's really starting to annoy me is when a university job ad asks me to fill out a downloadable, university-specific "application form," which essentially recapitulates most of the data that the hiring committee will read in my résumé, cover letter, reference list, transcripts, and letters of recommendation. The application form is a prime example of bureaucracy gone mad: it's completely unnecessary because it adds zero information to the hiring process. At bottom, it's a waste of time.


_

1 comment:

ZenKimchi said...

Exactly. What I would do is post requirements for the resume. Resumes not filling the requirements make it easy to winnow out candidates.