Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"Welcome back!"

Yesterday, Tuesday, was my first day of work back at YB. I had been given a fairly light schedule, which was a good way to get me back into the swing of things. I distributed the little gifts I had bought for my coworkers and supervisors, then went through the six-hour day, feeling rather tired and jet-lagged by the end. Today, meanwhile, is my shit day (Iblis, Maximus, et al.), and on top of that, I've got a 2PM e-meeting. Luckily, I can't attend that meeting for too long since I have to leave at 2:30PM in order to make it to work on time.

It was nice to get so many "Welcome back!"s from the faculty and staff. At the end of the evening, we even hung around and talked about my month-long adventure for a few minutes. One supervisor told me that some of the kids had even been counting down the days until my return; I was missed. I drove home feeling good about slipping back into a routine, even if it wasn't my ideal routine. Today, though, is going to be a challenge.


_

No comments: