Thursday, May 23, 2013

a possible employer?

The Catholic University of Daegu has written me and seven other people to say we've all been short-listed for job interviews. I wonder whether CUD (yep, that's the acronym; chew on it) realizes that I'm back in the States and can interview only via Skype. Many Koreans tend not to read important details carefully. In that spirit, I just sent CUD an email restating my availability through Skype, and reminding the HR office that I had mentioned my travel dates and my willingness to Skype in both my email and my cover letter on May 9.

For all I know, CUD might write me back to rescind its invitation to interview. I hope it won't, but it seems the prejudice against online interviews is rather strong in Korea. We'll just have to see, now, won't we? Let's keep those fingers and tentacles crossed.


_

No comments: