Wednesday, May 08, 2013

hmmm...

I'm only just noticing that the advertised HUFS position is for the college's Yongin campus—not Seoul.

Not that this changes my desire to work there. Yongin's not exactly the sticks; it's a satellite of Seoul and has about a million people, as well as plenty of colleges and attractions. And the job's specifications remain attractive on their own terms: 12-15 hours, W36-50 million a year, minimal writing/publishing duties, free housing, and of course those glorious five months of paid vacation. I can work weekends, start paying down my debt, and maybe even jaunt over to Europe every other year. Nice, eh?

Or just a fantasy?


_

2 comments:

John said...

A fantasy leads to a dream. A dream to visualization. Visualization to a plan. A plan to reality.

I think you are on the right track.

So my fantasy is to be 30 years old again. I dream about it. That's as far as I've managed to take it.

Charles said...

Ah, Yongin. I've never actually been to the Yongin campus, but I've heard it's quite nice. No doubt a heck of a lot nicer than the urban pimple known as the Seoul campus.