Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here's a shot of today's Thanksgiving meal:


I ate a Thanksgiving meal this past weekend, and I'll be eating Thanksgiving-themed food this coming weekend, so on Thanksgiving Day itself, I permitted myself the rare luxury of visiting the Burger King across the street. I haven't been to BK in months; I've noticed that the local joint's interior is constantly changing. There used to be self-help machines (for ordering your meal) on prominent display; those machines are now shoved off to the side, allowing customers to continue to order from an actual human being at the counter. I have to do this—not because I don't know how to use the machines (I do; it's easy), but because the machines don't allow you to do things like say "no onions, please." Ordering from a human being allows for nuance. The above photo shows my typical BK meal: a Whopper, a "long chicken" sandwich (I have no idea whether it's called that in the States), fries, a Coke, and two little cups of corn salad. Every now and again, it's good to pay homage to the king.

May your Thanksgiving be a happy one full pf peace, blessings, conviviality, and most important, good food. Stay warm and cozy, hug someone you love, and for the love of Jeebus, try to avoid talking about politics.

ADDENDUM: oh, yeah: here's a shot of some pumpkin pie:






No comments: