Wednesday, November 27, 2019

the "if" meal

For Saturday dunch/linner, if we eat at my place, I hope to be serving Herr McCrarey some Thanksgiving leftovers, but I'll also have some freshly made items for the groaning board. So the tentative menu is (with the fresh stuff starred):

*chicken roulade (made a different way)
*deli ham pan-cooked with honey-maple-mustard glaze
cornbread stuffing
mashed potatoes
peas & carrots
cornbread with butter and honey
*pecan-nut bread pudding (recycled from pecan pie, but freshly baked)

For the ham, I'm going to be lazy and buy some John Cook Deli Meats "whole muscle" deli-style, thinly sliced ham from the meatateria in the building where I work. Come to think of it, I also need to buy more mustard: I had used up the last of my Süßer Senf (sweet mustard) when making last week's ham glaze.

John has lost a significant amount of weight over the past few years thanks to a very disciplined regimen of dieting and walking (he averages close to 25K steps per day; I'm happy whenever I break 10K), but he's still a naturally large dude in terms of his frame, so here's hoping the above menu will suffice to satiate The McCrarey.

UPDATE: the local meatateria isn't carrying the whole-muscle ham I want, so I must search elsewhere for deli-sliced ham. Most likely places to find the ham are Costco, which requires a cab ride out to Yangjae, or the local SSG Food Mart, which is a block away.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

Whatever or wherever we eat will be fine. Assuming I survive the walk!