Friday, December 03, 2021

35K: really, really this time

I didn't intend to eat cake, but today, unexpectedly, I discovered my boss's birthday was this coming Sunday. My coworker brought in a half-and-half cake, two small pieces of which I gobbled so as not to be churlish. I broke my fast (72 hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) starting last night, and while I'd promised to be carnivore for all of Friday, I broke that promise right away and added nuts and shakes to the rotation on the assumption that I'd be back to fasting on Saturday and walking hard on Saturday as well. 

Now that I've gobbled some cake, though, I'm thinking I ought to do an extra-long walk, so once again, I'm going to try walking the 35 kilometers from Hanam City to Yangpyeong. The weather is nice and cold, now, so there's really no excuse not to do this. Besides, I'm riding the high of having done my two staircases (52 floors) last night, and I'll do 2.5 staircases, probably this coming Sunday, instead of doing jump rope (which is going slowly, anyway). That will put me back on schedule for stair work.

So—long walk tomorrow. Wish me luck.



No comments: