Monday, December 06, 2021

my faithful blanket cover is dying

A tiny rip at the top of my bed's blanket cover has grown into a yawning hole; the fabric has gotten so old and weak that sewing the hole shut doesn't seem worth the effort. So I've used Coupang to order myself a new blanket cover. Coupang didn't have anything in a pleasing pattern, so the new cover will be a solid "charcoal" color, in keeping with my conservative tastes. I'm not a fan of solid colors, though, because you can't hide stains on them. And while I know you nasty fuckers automatically think I'm talking about semen, no: I'm talking about random bleeders (I bleed a lot; my pillowcases are dotted with little bloodstains), saliva from sleep-drool, and sweat, especially from the backs of my knees. Not to mention stains from food should I ever eat on my bed (which I rarely do these days).

So, a new blanket cover is on its way. Arriving Thursday, I think.

A death haiku seems appropriate:

kudos—job well done
years of covering my bod
in the trash with you



No comments: